One Year

Friday, February 27, 2009
One year ago today, I uploaded my website, http://www.lindakage.com/, and began my official Internet presence. Since then, a lot has changed, but a lot has also stayed the same. Returning to the first blog I ever posted, I realized I still have submissions out to Harlequin and The Wild Rose Press for a couple of different books... just as I did February 27, 2008. From that perspective, it doesn't look as if much has happened at all.


But in only 365 days, I've joined a second writing group, becoming PanLiason in one of them. I've gone from having one critique partner to five. I've won second in a writing contest and I've contracted my first book. After ten years of pursuing publication--the last two and a half of those full of serious, intense pursuit--I'd say that's pretty good progress for one year.


I couldn't tell you if it was all this blogging I've done, or the bigger role I've taken in writing groups, or the critique circle I've joined, or the contests I've entered, or the constant submitting that's brought me this far, but I'm sure each endeavor has helped nudge me along. And I can't give up now because there's so much more to accomplish. So, it's onward with the blogging, and networking, and critiquing, and submitting.

One year down, a hundred more to go (okay, maybe not quite a hundred, but you get my point, right?).

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congrats on a year well served! All I can say is... you go girl!!

    Good luck on the year to come. May it be just as fabulous- if not more so.

    ReplyDelete