June Nightstand Reviews

Thursday, June 12, 2008
Since I'm not going to make my MRW meeting tonight (Yeah, it's really bumming me out), I thought I'd list what's been on my nightstand this month. I haven't done that in a while. If you can't tell I've turned into Paranormal fan this month.

The Hollow by Nora Roberts.
This is Fox's story and it's the second in the The Sign of the Seven Trilogy. There's all sorts of freaky paranormal stuff happening in this story. I suggest reading Blood Brothers before hooking your claws into The Hollow.

J. R. Ward's
Lover Eternal. 2nd in the Black Dagger Brotherhood. My favorite part about Rhage's story is that the demon thing inside him has the hots for Mary too. That is just so cool.

Lover Awakened. 3rd in the Black Dagger Brotherhood. No way could a Ward fan resist reading Z's story. He's the most scarred and enthralling brother, in my opinion.

Lover Revealed. 4th in the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Butch finally gets his woman. I wanted him to be able to turn vampire so bad. Another five star book.

Lover Revealed. 5th in the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Here is V's story. I didn't realize he had had such a bad past until his story. I'd say Vishous really is the most complicated brother like all of Ward's reviews claim.

Lover Enshrined. 6th in the Black Dagger Brotherhood. I had been anxious for Phury's story ever since reading Z's tale and Ward did not disappoint. Her story's are so addictive. They keep getting better and better as the series progresses.


Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh.
This book begins the Psy-Changlings series. We meet half-leopard, half-men changlings and a woman who was programmed to never feel emotions but does anyway. Engrossing.

The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter
I was hooked from the first page. If you want a bunch of tortured alpha males that make you shiver with delight this is the series for you. Starting the Lords of the Underworld series, Maddox and Ashlyn's story is outstanding. And my favorite part of J.R. Ward's Lover Awakened is mirrored in these stories where the demons inside like our leading ladies as much as the hero does.

The Lost Duke of Wyndham by Julia Quinn
First book in the Two Dukes of Wyndhams duolgy. I just love Jack, that's all I have to say about this book.

The Wicked Ways of a Duke by Laura Lee Guhrke.
This is the second book in Guhrke's Girl Bachelor series. It's set in historical England and filled with longing, passion and deceit. I liked it.

Okay, so a read a couple historicals too. I have eclectic taste, I guess. Next month I probably be caught up with Singh's and Showalter's series books and move on to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment