Two-Step to the Top

Monday, August 18, 2008
I think I read somewhere that struggling to become published is like a country line dance… It’s two steps forward and one step back. Well, I’ve taken three steps forward this week.

First of all, I turned eligible for the PRO membership in Romance Writers of America. Or, in other words, a publisher finally asked to read one of my full manuscripts, not just a couple of sample chapters. But not only did one publisher ask to see one of my entire manuscripts, but four days after the first one contacted me, a second publisher wrote, wanting to see another full manuscript.

That would've been enough enthusiasm to last me the rest of the week. But then, I received an email from a contest coordinator. And, bam, I finished second in COFW’s Ignite the Flame Contest. I’m still in a state of shock. For me, these accomplishments are major.

Now if only I knew the two-step, I’d celebrate by dancing out a country western favorite. Sigh. I guess it’s back to the ice cream instead. It's a good thing I have an overactive thyroid or all this ice cream celebrating would stick a lot longer. I could be like, this love handle is for the time I won second in the COFW contest and that love handle is for the two letters I received, asking for full manuscripts...

But, I digress. I'll let you go for now. See you in a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment