Way back in November, I won the "Honest Scrap Award" from Tricia J. O'Brien at her blog, Talespinning (by the way, thank you so much for thinking of me, Tricia).
The rules of winning this award went a little something like : Give ten honest pieces of information about yourself, then pass the award on to ten more people to do that same. Well, who really follows the rules anymore??
I think I'll give my ten honest tidbits, and then as Simone from The Romantic Query Letter and the Happily Ever After Blog so eloquently put it, I'll only pass on "by consent." So, if anyone is willing to play, I will gladly bestow this treasure upon you!! Just let me know.
And now for my brutal truths:
1. I've never been to the ocean...any ocean.
2. My first memory comes from my fifth birthday. The Schawns Ice Cream man stopped by our house, and as I was following him into the garage, where he loaded our chest freezer with untold delights, I announced, "Today's my birthday." When he asked how old I was, I held up a full hand and said, "Five." (I know, exciting first memory huh? Makes me hungry for some Rocky Road, though.)
3. I tried my first alcoholic beverage when I was nineteen. My twenty-one-year old (then) boyfriend (now husband) bought me some wine coolers because I was curious about how they tasted.
4. All my school mascots, starting from Kindergarten and going through college, have been... Eagles, Lancers, Red Devils, and Gorillas.
5. My first car (bought exclusively for me; not just something I borrowed from someone else to drive) was a 1988, brown Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme. Bought for $750, it had cruise control (which didn't work), electric seats (also did not work), windows (diddo), and locks....and lasted about two months before breathing its last.
6. I finished writing my first full manuscript when I was sixteen. It was about 115,000 words long, titled "The Tangled Web," and was a romantic suspense, which is currently hidden in the furthest depths of my closet, never to see the light of day again (yeah, it was that bad).
7. I played the nativity scene's Mary in Kindergarten for my school's Christmas play (my one and only acting gig).
8. I was raised in the Church of the Brethren, but converted to Lutheran (WELS, then Missouri Synod) when I met my husband.
9. My first baby is due to be born in exactly one month and six days from today.
10. My husband's birthday was four days ago, and I still haven't gotten him a present yet (VBG).
Those are my truths, or whatever you want to call them. If anyone else would like to confess some honest scraps of info about yourself, let me know...I'll gladly pass the award along.
Finally, I'd like to thank the lovely blogger, Natalie Bahm, for passing along this beautiful bouquet of virtual flowers to me at the end of December. This is yet another blog award, called "From Me to You." Thank you so much, Natalie. I'm honored.
And that's all I have to report today! Toodles.