Here's What's Been Up with Me This Week (yeah, not much!!)

Tuesday, October 15, 2013
I’ve made it to 65,000 words complete on my Granton University Book #2!!  Yay, me. I’m hoping to have a rough draft done by the end of October, but we’ll see. Fingers crossed.

And you said you wanted to see a couple covers I’ve done with my new photo editor, right?  (Or maybe I’m just thinking I heard that!! But, whatever.) I’ve been playing around trying to find something I like best for the next self-published story I’m working on.  And I think I decided on one I like best.  But I’ll show you my top six because I’m curious to see which one everyone else likes best too!


I’ve been cover-making crazy obsessed lately. But I just got my new copy of Duke of Midnight by Elizabeth Hoyt to read this morning, so maybe I’ll calm down for a while...and get some reading on instead.

Meanwhile, my kiddo has been sick with pneumonia. I know, poor thing. But she’s getting better and is back to preschool. She took her last dose of medicine today, and I am SOOOO relieved. I mean, SHE’S relieved. Yeah, she's relieved. But seriously, I’m so relieved, too. Trying to get medicine down that child is like an act of God or something. But we finally figured out a method that semi-works for her, and it only—yes, only—took her three swallows this morning (when it should just take one) to get it all down!  Woot.

And I need new shoes. BADLY.  I’m not a big shoe person.  I have three daily wear, a pair of flip flops for summer and around the house, and then of course a bunch of uncomfortable only-wear-on-special-occasions shoes.  So the sole blew out of two of my everyday shoes, I mean, completely BLEW OUT. You can see daylight through one of them and the heel on the other one flops around like an extra tongue. 

Thus I’ve been stuck wearing one pair until I get my lazy self to a store and buy new shoes.  But then it started raining this week, and raining, and raining some more.  Somehow I got water in my last good pair of daily shoes. So, now whenever I walk around it squeaks and sloshes. It’s annoying and annoying shoes just...annoy me.  NEED TO GET TO THE STORE SOON!

So, what’s been up with you?

6 comments:

  1. Personally, I like the top right cover the best. Just my opinion. My question would be is it a menage? If so I like the bottom left too. :)

    Poor baby...both you and your daughter must be at your wits end. Being sick is the worst. Our daughter has had a bad, bad cold for 2 weeks and that was tough enough.
    Good luck with shoes. I don't like shoe shopping. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to the shoe store :)
    Glad Lydia is well!
    Favorite Cover; Top Right. Hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will have to go with bottom right just because of the font and color of the word 'love'. :-) I also only have a few pairs of shoes I wear, and when one goes bad usually the next isn't far behind. Sandals might be hard to find this time of year, but hopefully you get them replaced soon and all will be right again.

    Will we be getting a summary of this new book anytime soon? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the middle right best...something about the muted colours...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have to stop that think when people say left and right! But thank you so much for your input! It's not a ménage, sorry. It's supposed to be a guy writing his paper and thinking about his teacher. I should've provided a little blurb with it! Sorry about that. I'll get to that though...right after I buy new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm torn between the top right and bottom right. I like the "love" on the bottom right, but I like the brightness of the picture on the top right. I do like that picture as full cover though!!

    ReplyDelete