The Art of Falling Forever by Ivy Bateman

Wednesday, December 17, 2014
My very good friend, IVY BATEMAN, has a new release I'd like to brag about today, if you don't mind! I don't know how she manages to always mix the fanciful with realism, but she pulls it off beautiful!  Pure talent, I guess.  So without further ado, congratulations to Ivy for releasing:

The Art of Falling Forever
by Ivy Bateman
ISBN: 978-1-77101-408-3
Heat Rating: 2
Word Count: 18,107

Blurb:

A chaste kiss on the cheek leads to the discovery of a lifetime.

Even though Eilam has always been part of her world, Amy never thought of him as more than her mother's friend. One night, after rehearsal for the town's Christmas Pageant, Eilam reveals that not only is there more to him than Amy had ever imagined, but that together they could be the next chapter in a story that has played out in her family for over 2000 years.

While struggling to cope with the death of her mother and the responsibility of being in charge of the biggest even of the year, Amy must decide whether her future lies with her estranged boyfriend Troy or the enigmatic Eilam.

Excerpt:

The doorbell chimed, causing Amy to nearly jump out of her skin. She glanced at the clock. It was almost five, which meant that it could only be Eilam and he was now the last person she wanted to see. Tracy demanding she explain her new attitude, Troy begging her to take him back—either scenario would have been preferable to what waited for her on the other side of her front door.
The bell chimed again, followed by insistent knocking. "Amara, I know you're in there. If you don't open the door I will be forced to break it down which, as I'm sure you've figured out, would blow my cover."
Amy smiled a little. He somehow knew that she'd discovered the truth. She remembered his voice on the phone, his suspicious tone. He must have guessed or known she would soon be on a path of discovery. But how? She touched her cheek. Of course, the kiss.
"Please let me in. There's so much you need to know."
Amy pushed herself to standing, taking the box of secrets with her. She placed it on the table in the living room and then went to the front door. She opened it, slowly and cautiously, blocking Eilam's immediate entry with her body.
"Amara, please don't be afraid."
"Why not? You give me so much to be afraid of, being a shapeshifter, or whatever it is you are, who haunts the women in my family. I think you should go."
"No, I'm not going to go. Not until you've given me a chance to explain myself. I don't mean to be firm with you, but please let me in."
Amy looked at his beaten fedora, his crinkled coat, his bright blue eyes, and his wispy white eyebrows. There was nothing malicious in his demeanor and yet he was changed. He seemed older in a seen a lot of time kind of way, and stronger too. She couldn't help feeling he was now a stranger, but Amy had to trust her mother would not let her be in the presence of a madman.

Ebook Buy Links : Breathless Press | Amazon
 
And now a word from Ms. Ivy Herself:
 
Hey there everyone! Well here we are in the middle of the week and only 8 days left until Christmas. I've recently started a new, full of learning job and every time I try to say something about my book The Art of Falling Forever or write about a topic relating to it, all I can think of is how People Soft  won't talk to RPS if you don’t create a transaction.
Christmassy, no? Anyway, what I will say is that over on my blog, Ivy B Misbehavin, I'm having a contest. If you comment on my blog, or send me a an email to say hi, I will put your name in a draw for not only The Art of Falling Forever, but also for my Aug, 2014 release, I'll Call You Alice, and for my December, 2013 release Christmas Eve Surprise. Now why for all the books to giveaway? And why the odd way to leave a "comment"?  Well, I recently found out that my comment section is a temperamental diva and probably has been this way for well over a year. Which means that for my last two releases, when I had contests on my blog and thought nobody loved me because there were no comments, I could very well have been wrong. So, I’m giving them away NOW to make up for neglect.
I'm also throwing in a $5.00 Breathless Press Gift Card giveaway. So please, stop by and say hello! I'm also available for commenting at on my Ivy Bateman-Author page on Facebook. This contest will go until Saturday, December 20th and I'll contact the winner on Sunday, December, 21st.
Thanks, always to Linda for having me on. Next time, I promise to talk about things that actually have to do with my book and not PA 13.
Happy Holidays and Happy Reading,
Ivy B

No comments:

Post a Comment