A Page with Kage (1)

Friday, October 14, 2011
My creative juices feel like they're running dry lately, so...I'm starting a new series on my blog called "A Page with Kage" where I share one page of a scene from a story I've read that I just adore.

I'm staring my happy series with Tempt Me at Twilight by Lisa Kleypas. This is a regency romance with a steamy rating. And I love this excerpt because it holds one of my favorite first lines that I'll always remember.

EXCERPT:

Chapter One

London
The Rutledge Hotel
May 1852


Her chances of a decent marriage were about to be dashed--and all because of a ferret.

Unfortunately Poppy Hathaway had pursued Dodger halfway through Rutledge Hotel before she recalled an important fact: to a ferret, a straight line included six zigs and seven zags.

"Dodger," Poppy said desperately. "Come back. I'll give you a biscuit, any of my hair ribbons, anything! Oh, I'm going to make a scarf out of you..."

As soon as she caught her sister's pet, Poppy swore she was going to alert the management of Rutledge that Beatrix was harboring wild creatures in their family suite, which was definitely against hotel policy. Of course, that might cause the entire Hathaway clan to be forcibly removed from the premises.

At the moment, Poppy didn't care.

Dodger had stolen a love letter that had been sent to her from Michael Bayning, and nothing in the world mattered except retrieving it. All the situation needed was for Dodger to hide the blasted thing in some public place where it would be discovered.

~~Documentation: I copied this EXCERPT off the "start reading now" at Amazon.~~

3 comments: