MRW Meeting

Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tomorrow at 6:30pm in the Red Robin on 95th and Metcalf, I'm responsible for providing the program at my writing group's monthly MRW meeting. Author Suzanne Arruda has graciously agreed to give a presentation about how different genres interact with each other. So, if you're in Overland Park, stop by and enjoy the lecture. I think it cost five bucks for a visitor to sit in on a meeting. Not sure. Could be free.

Anyway, I was watching television last night and saw something that scared the bejesus out of me. Don't you hate it when you're home alone at night and, boom, there's this creepy, weird scene on your television that makes all the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end. Then you gotta walk through your house, turning on all the lights and checking every door lock.

So, after watching the 2008 presidential debate (Sorry, couldn't resist)... actually, it was the trailer for The Happening that totally freaked me out (and, yeah, I realize I'm a couple of months out of date here). I guess this is M. Night Shyamalan's first R rated movie. The commercial I saw last night was ten times more disturbing than the link I've sent you to, but it definitely looks like something I won't watch. If you're one of those die-hard horror movie buffs that loves a good adrenaline rush, however, this is probably the movie of the year for you. You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment