October Greetings

Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Things are mellow here in my world. Almost a month has passed since I've heard from one of the six publishers reading different manuscript proposals of mine. But then, I haven't waited for anything longer than four months, and four months in the writer's waiting world isn't so awfully long. I'd like to think all those wonderful editors who haven't contacted me yet are simply caught in a swoon after reading my amazing stories (LoL! Even I can't keep a straight face while saying that).

I'm not getting any younger though as I twiddle my thumbs. In fact, I'll be a year older this Saturday. I'm going to attend a wedding to celebrate. Yes, it's a sneaky way to get some cake on my birthday but, hey, whatever works.

On house and health issues, I'm feeling pretty good lately. Of course, I'm swallowing ten pills a day, so who wouldn't feel good at this point? I have an appointment with my endocrinologist at the end of the month and might narrow my medicine down to two pills day if I'm lucky.

My house's wall should have some mud and tape on the sheet rock sometime this week. Painting is the next step I get to pursue and man do I have some wild colors picked out. I'm thinking purple and gold walls for my grape kitchen, blinding yellow for the rubber ducky bathroom, forest green for my husband's den, two tones of blue with wallpaper border separating them for the master bedroom and grey with purple flicked on the walls for my library. I can't remember what color the living room will be. I think it's a light greenish brown. This whole picking-out-my-own-house-details is starting to turn exciting.

You should've seen me in the appliance store. I had to have one of those French-door refrigerators with the freezer on the bottom and a flat top stove... and a dishwasher. Praise the Lord, I'm going to have a dishwasher now. My husband will no longer be able to tease, "Yeah, I have a dishwasher. Her name's Linda." Life is beginning to look up. Except... now I have to actually pay for this stuff. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment