That's EXACTLY it!!

Friday, July 1, 2011
They say...

You're not supposed to read the reviews about your book. So of course, I haunt the review sites, checking for new ratings morning, noon, and night.

You learn a lot about your own writing from complete strangers, you know. Okay, mostly, you make little mental comments, sometimes indignant snorts (you're wrong, buster, just completely wrong), sometimes embarrassed head-hanging moments follow (oh crap, that was a good point; why didn't I do that?), and other times you glow with pride (Yep, that's MY story this person is praising).

And then there are the times you come across someone who has a bigger insight into your story than you do. This week I read the line, "The book doesn't have some big unbelievable whopper of a plot. It's simplicity is what makes it complex."

And I was like, BINGO. That's it. That's exactly that I was trying to write about! Wow, someone actually got it.

In my young adult stories, I really don't create huge save-the-world situations. It's usually about one person and how everyday life affects them. Boring, real life...except I try not to make it so boring.

But all this time, I've never known how to explain it. And now I do.

So thank you _yay_, you totally made my week! It's nice to know someone really understood me.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on someone getting "it"! :)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice when someone 'gets' what you're trying to do? Congrats sweetie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great when someone really "gets" what you're writing about! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super awesome and such an encouragement! :O)

    ReplyDelete