If I'd been in NaNo

Friday, December 2, 2011
I would have fallen short of the glory of Nano-dom!

I did not join NaNoWriMo. But if I had been in the national novel writing month craze and tried to finish penning 50,000 words throughout all of November, I only would've been four thousand short of my goal. Altogether, I'd say that was pretty good...for me.

It's interesting how each person's goals vary. I had a writing friend who averages over 5,000 words a day. I know, sickening, huh. But it's also inspiring.

Makes me wonder how they came up with the number 50,000 to be everyone's goal. For some, that's a walk in the park. For others, its impossible. I wonder what would happen if people were able to set their own goal for the Nano Month.

Which reminds me: This week I met my 2011 Goodreads Reading Challenge!!! I know...you may congratulate me now (he)! I was able to set my own goals. I decided I was going to try to read 65 books. And I did it!!! With a month to spare. It feels so good to meet a challenge.

Have you challenged yourself lately? Met any relieving goals?

The year's coming to an end; it's time to see how much you've accomplished...and getting closer to the time to set new goals in January. Are you ready???

4 comments:

  1. I'd say you did great for Nano! I wish I had the engery to write this month. I'm hoping the energy returns some day. lol

    Congrats on meeting your reading goal. I'm currently diving into the holiday stories. I'd never reach 65 books though. I read so darn slow these days.
    Seems to be a pattern here, huh? lol
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the amount of writing you do 65 is a great goal you hit. Hugs and hope all is well with you! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on reaching your reading goal! I met my editing goal in the fall. I'm already thinking about goals for next year, but I'm not ready to write them down yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5K a day? Man, that is inspiring!

    Congrats on both your goals!! YOu did great!

    Sometimes I challenge myself with my crit partners. It's good for the soul to do that every once in a while. :-)

    ReplyDelete