50th Anniversary

Tuesday, September 2, 2008
My website had been updated with my latest completed story, Disaster at 410 S. Elm. I'm excited about sharing. So, check it out and let me know what you think.

My mother and father will celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary this Saturday. I've only been in their lives a little over half of that time, but I still feel pretty involved in all this. After spending weeks creating the video we'll show at the party of their marriage and our family, it's easy to look back and see how much has happened in fifty years.

So, it's been pretty nostalgic in my neck of the woods lately, remembering old pets, past holidays, and crazy family stories like the time Mark fell out of the truck while mom was driving down the highway... and then when our house dog, Spot, licked a space heater and was electrocuted. I'm sure there is going to be lots of tall tales and laughter this weekend.

In other news, I took my thyroid test and it was very simple. After swallowing an iodine pill, I had to sit very still for two to ten minutes at a time, while radioactive pictures were taken. Nothing hurt at all. There were no needles (well except for a little blood work for a lab report), no prodding or poking or anything inserted into any orifice. I consider myself lucky there. My doctor should be getting the results sometime this week.

I hope everyone had a happy labor day weekend and celebrated with due enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment