Amazon's Author Central

Wednesday, November 24, 2010
I never feel like I can offer anyone interesting tidbits of information to assist them along in their writing path. But when someone asked me, "Hey, how'd you get an author page on Amazon.com," I gasped. Wow, maybe I do know something to help others self-promote.

So, in case you don't already know...

If you go onto Amazon.com and type in the name of one of your favorite authors (ahem, may I suggest Linda Kage perhaps!), you might find a picture of that author with a link that says Amazon's That-Author's-Name Page along with a listing of all their books.

Any author with a book that sells on Amazon can sign up for an author page on Amazon's Author Central. Just go to the website: https://authorcentral.amazon.com/gp/landing?ie=UTF8&%2AVersion%2A=1&%2Aentries%2A=0 and click on the "join author central" button.

Once you fill out all the required information, it takes a few weeks (though they told me it's be a few days) for Amazon to process and air your author page. Then once you're up, you can link to all your books, put up an author picture, add a bio, a book trailer video, and even feed your own blog into the page (If you have Blogger, make sure the RSS feed address isn't the address of your blog but rather http:// [YourBlogAddress] .blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss).

To make changes once your page is up, you click back into the Join Author Central button that you pushed to initially sign up and type in your amazon account sign-in information. From there, it'll take you to the page where you can add and edit.

So, maybe, hopefully, there was someone out there today that actually learned something from little ol' me. Here are a couple Amazon author pages I recommend you check out. All the following women are very lovely, talented romance authors...(well, except for that stinker at the top of the list).

Linda Kage
Molly Daniels
Claire Ashgrove
Nancy J. Parra
Jennifer Shirk
Jody Hedlund
*********************************
Happy Thanksgiving!!

6 comments:

  1. I think it's so cool that they have pages for authors.
    Thanks for the info! I hope you have a great week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info. I'll check it out.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good info. I'm passing it along to two friends. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that, Linda. Will keep it in mind for that wonderful day when I have something to link to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much. I would have never found this on my own. I just signed up so we'll see how long it takes for mine to become live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. I've been wanting to do that. I just recently figured out Goodreads & Shelfari :)

    ReplyDelete