Start the week with JUNE KRAMIN

Monday, November 1, 2010
She walked into the coffee shop and smiled wide again. It was all so familiar. At least this time she’d know what to expect. She noticed her shoe had become untied so she bent down to tie it. When she stood up, she looked into a familiar face–only it was a few years younger as well.

“Fancy meeting you here,” the man said, then smiled wide, obviously happy to see her.

Kaitlyn fainted.


~*~


She woke up on the couch of the coffee shop with Dustin at her side and a washcloth on her forehead. She tried to sit up but he gently pushed her back down.

“Just lay back there, cupcake. Take a few minutes to gather yourself.” He turned to the manger who was also standing there as if he worried that there would be a lawsuit coming. “You can go. She’s fine.”

Kaitlyn stared at Dustin’s profile as he talked. He was just as gorgeous four years younger. He looked closer to eighteen than he did twenty-one. His beautiful brown eyes glistened with the same gold flecks. He was still muscular, just slightly smaller and a little skinnier. His brown hair was a little longer too. She did always say she preferred short hair on men, but she wanted to run her fingers through it just the same. She watched his Adam’s apple as he talked and longed to give it a kiss.

Never mind, she thought. If this is a dream, let me sleep.



********************
You just read an excerpt from:
Dustin Time
by
June Kramin
http://www.ChampagneBooks.com/
********************

Today, we’re here with published author, JUNE KRAMIN.


Linda Kage: Hellow, June. Welcome! Tell us a little about you and what you write please.

June: I was raised in Hawaii but am now living in Minnesota. I was always told I would be a writer but I guess I had to wait until life settled down first. I did a blog post a while back about my love for men it’s no wonder my main focus is Women’s fiction / romance. I love writing stories with men you can’t help but to fall in love with because of their unconditional love of their women - “strong willed” as she may be.

After love stories, my second favorite is fairy tales re-told. I have a children’s fantasy series of nine books that I will forever be editing. I don’t know when I’ll get brave and submit them, if ever. Part of me thinks they were always just for my daughter.


Kage: What happened to the first book you ever wrote?


June: I still open it up now and then and edit it. It is a story very close to my heart & I would love to see it in print someday but I know it’s not ready. I have learned so much over the years & will polish this until it is something I can “wow” and agent with!

Kage:What’s your backlist and coming soon bookshelf look like?


June: Dustin Time is my only published novel at this time. I currently have eight other completed novels. One is currently under submission but no other release dates as of yet.


Kage: Ooh, good luck with your submission. But while we wait to hear more about that, let's discuss DUSTIN TIME a little more.




********************BLURB********************
DUSTIN TIME
by
JUNE KRAMIN
A successful veterinarian, Kaitlyn thought she was content with her life. That is, until she turns thirty and realizes that her current ‘boy toy’ is simply not the father material she was looking for. As her biological clock ticks loudly in her ear, both her ‘toy’ and fate strongly disagree.

But something happens and over the next several days, she starts traveling between her birthdays of an altered present and those of her past, leaving her more confused than ever. With the help of a kindly old custodian named Frank, Kaitlyn comes to terms with her feelings for Dustin. And can Dustin Time quiet the ticking she’s trying so desperately to ignore?

*********************************************

June: Dustin Time was released August 2, 2010 in e-format; print will follow a few months from that date. Champagne Books is the publisher. The story is about Kaitlyn, a successful veterinarian who does not take turning thirty lightly. She decides her boy-toy, Dusty, is just not the one she should spend the rest of her life with but fate strongly disagrees. She is sent to her college past and alternate futures forcing her to sort things out.

Kage: What would the story be rated if it were a movie?


June: I’d have to say R. I didn’t get too graphic on the sex scenes but there is enough mention that I told me nieces, “You have to wait ‘till you’re 18!”.

Kage: If you HAD to fit this story into a cliché, which one would it be?


June: My grandfather used to say every story is “boy wins girl, boy loses girl, boy wins girl back.” I guess if I had to pick one, that would be the closest.

Kage:Okay, now that we have a general idea which class to fit DUSTIN TIME under, what makes this book so unique from every other book out there?



June: I have always loved time travel books and movies. I really think this has a twist like none I have ever seen. I read Time Travel’s Wife after I finished my manuscript and was glad to see that the two had absolutely nothing in common. I was worried about the response I’d get from my 1st Beta reader thinking it was too hard to follow but she loved it. She said, “I wasn’t confused at all because so was Kaitlyn.” She keeps trying to convince herself that she’s leaving Dusty, but with every trip she takes, she gets to see another side of him and can’t help but to discover how much she really does love him. There’s a point in the story where she realizes she wants to be with Dusty and you think it should be over, but it isn’t.

Kage:What was the easiest part to write?


June: I’d have to say dialogue. The days that I had the most word count were days that there was a lot of dialog. I honestly felt like it wasn’t me that was writing – it was them speaking. I’d re-read it the next day & about fall off my chair laughing sometimes. I’d say to my husband, “You wouldn’t believe what Dusty said.” “Um… you wrote it.” “No, I didn’t. He just said it.” “You need help, woman.” Tee hee. I do get lost in my characters very easily! I’m always joking around that they never listen to me and I just do what I’m told.

Kage:What do you like most about the main character(s) and what do you like least? Did you learn anything from them?


June: I love Dusty’s assertiveness in how much he loves Kaitlyn. No matter what is going on, he loves her with everything he has and fights to keep her. I’ve had people say that Kaitlyn was me. I think they are probably right. (The jury is still out whether or not that is a like or dislike though. *wink*) Everyone seems to obsess over who exactly Frank is – I love that! Dusty’s father is another favorite of the readers. He seems to have just the right amount of “gruff”.

Kage:June, Thank you so much for stopping by today and gracing us with your presence. Before we go, is there anything else you’d like to say to wrap things up?


June: Just that I appreciate the chance to be here. Thanks for the opportunity to guest blog! I hope if someone picks up the book that they enjoy it like others have so far. Please stop by my website & let me know your thoughts.



Now that June has totally made us want to buy her book, she was kind enough to provide us with a a buy link to DUSTIN TIME at CHAMPAGNE BOOKS

If you're still curious about June, here are other places to find her on the web:

- Her Website

- Her Blog

- Facebook

- Twitter

- Goodreads

- Shelfari



7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read. Thanks for introducing us to new authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, June! I think your cover is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hawaii to Minnesota?!!?!?!? That would be a rough one for me. Congrats on the book! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Linda! We did this so long ago - I forgot about it :}
    Thanks, Jennifer! The cover art is awesome! Amanda Kelsey rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats June and thanks Linda. I enjoy learning about new authors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed hearing more about you and your interesting book, June!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, great interview! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete