Name that Author!

Friday, October 19, 2012
I was in the mood to have a little fun today, so I enlisted the help of a couple friends to get this post set up!

First, I'll introduce the authors who decided to play and give you some of their details, and links, and such in case you feel the need to research their background first.

Then I will share an unknown tidbit or two or however many that author gave about themselves (sorry, I couldn't choose just one), and you try to match up which author said what.

These ladies may be masters of the craft of make-believe, but all their facts here are true. Honest! 

Okay, let's play!

Introducing the Authors:

1. Claire Ashgrove
author of: IMMORTAL SURRENDER
Dark, Sexy Timeless Romance
website | blog | facebook | twitter | goodreads


2. Molly Daniels
author of: BALANCING ACT
Contemporary New Adult Romance
website | blog | facebook | twitter | goodreads 


3. Marie Rose Dufour 
author of: SADDLE UP 
Contemporary & Paranormal Erotic Romance
website | blog | facebook | twitter | goodreads


4. Diane Estrella
author of:  THAT'S WHAT I'M HERE FOR
Middle School Storyteller, Blogger Extraordinaire
website | blog | facebook | twitter | goodreads


5. Laura Josephsen
author of: RESISTANCE
Science Fiction Adventure
website | blog | facebook | twitter | goodreads


6. Linda Kage
author of: THE COLOR OF GRACE
Contemporary YA & Adult Romance
website | blog | facebook | twitter | goodreads


7. Carol Kilgore
atuhor of: IN NAME ONLY 
Crime Fiction with a Kiss 
website | blogfacebook | twitter | goodreads


8. Nancy J. Parra
Author of GLUTEN FOR PUNISHMENT
Cozy Gluten-free Bakery Mystery
website | blog | facebook | twitter | goodreads


9. Jennifer Shirk
author of: SUNNY DAYS FOR SAM 
Fun, Feel-Good Romantic Fiction
website | blog | facebook | twitter | goodreads



And Here Is Their Spiel:

~*~

A: Up until 14 years ago I was terrified of dogs...

~*~


B:  I was once in a beauty pageant my senior year in high school (Miss Cosmopolitan). The winner went on to be Miss New Jersey, who then went on to be Miss America. I played piano as my talent.I didn't place, but the judges did send a message to me saying they wanted to see me again the next year. But I ignored it and gave up pageants when I went to college thus ending my beauty contestant era.

~*~


C: I studied classical piano for close to fifteen years.

-I once owned a goat that walked on its two front legs in a continual handstand.

-Years ago, a roommate of mine set up a lunch date with Gerard Butler (prior to his fame) via connections with a charitable organization...then I kicked my roommate out and totally lost my chance to meet Gerard.  Oops!


~*~

D: As a teenager, my dancing landed me a tv commercial and a segment on a local news broadcast.

-My dancing career ended when the director of a local ballet company told me I had a body better made for the Foxy Lady (a strip club) than the ballet stage.

-I still remember the license plate number of the first boy I ever had a crush on.

-When my husband walked through the door at Friendly's Ice Cream when I was 16, I knew I was going to marry him.

-My entire extended family is addicted to going to Disney World.


~*~


E: I flew out to Arizona to go to the set of The Young Riders so I could meet the cast.

~*~

F: In junior college, I had a suite mate who was a hermaphrodite that liked to smoke pot and wanted to be a minister when she (he?) graduated.

-Oh, and I played clarinet in the middle school band.

~*~

G: I once received applause for parallel parking outside a busy restaurant … because it took me ten minutes to get the car into the space.

~*~

H: I spent my honeymoon in the hospital because my husband contracted malaria in Panama's Darien Jungle several weeks before our wedding. Then he got pneumonia on top of it.

~*~

I: I fell off my bunk bed in college and ended up on crutches for two weeks. Never think you can just 'jump down' when startled; I wrestled with my desk chair and ended up spending two hours in the ER.

~*~

We'll reveal which author goes with which interesting fact on Monday!!!













8 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm trying to figure these out. I MAY have a couple narrowed down, but that's all so far. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! Just learned about this from Carol's site, how fun! I have no clue on any of the matches but it will be fun to find out. Very clever idea.

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some crazy fun facts. So honored to be a part of the funnest line-up ever!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I have no idea who said what, though! I'm here because of Carol Kilgore's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even begin to guess. I thought I would know Marie Rose's but nope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I left a hint or one of the answers in the bio of my blog to make it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol sent me over and I'm glad she did. These are all great stories, and I can't wait to tune in for the big reveal! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lovely Carol said to come here and cos I worship her gorgeousness, I have! I think she is B!!! She so coulda been a contender!! :-) Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete