TGIF

Friday, October 26, 2012
Ack, it's Friday and I had nothing planned to talk about.

My kiddo's been sick this week.  She hasn't been sick since February, so I guess that was a good run. Running nose and constipation. It's actually number two (er, actually the lack of #2--hee hee, pun intended) that I'm most worried about. I just tried a couple things to help that along. NOT FUN.  My fingers are crossed that it works.

I'm still psyched about about the story I just finished writing!  The first person to read it (says she) stayed up until 1a.m. to finish it, liked the interesting plot and concluded that it was a great mature YA story. But she did have a few comments for correction. So, I'm looking into some solutions to correct them.

Otherwise, not much is going on with me.  Oh, I did read a blog post this week--an author interview--that really resonated with me.  I can't remember the blog name OR the author's name (sad, I'm only 33 and losing my memory this bad) but I remember (basically) what she said.  So I gotta share this tip that I loved.

In writing a romance, one thing that really gives the main couple good chemistry and romance is for the hero to actually adore the strangest, quirkiest features about the heroine. Everyone else can think she's weird for it, it may possibly make her an outcast, but it's actually what the hero likes most about her, because it makes her uniquely her!

Anyway, she said something along those lines. And I was like, holy cow, that's so true. It's one of those obvious kind of things but never really mentioned aloud.  But now that I've read it, I'm going through all these romance stories, thinking "Check! This story has that. Yep, that story has it too."

So, that was my revelation for the week. I know, I know. You all are like, "Congratulations, Linda. Welcome to 2012." But it's still all cool, newbreaking info for me, so WOW!  There's a good writing tip for you romance lovers out there.  You are welcome!

Hope you have a happy enema-free Friday...unlike my poor, little miserable two-year-old.




3 comments:

  1. Happy shout out to Fleet Pedia-Lax. You guys just made my day (and my child's) sooo much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! And I think my books have those things, too. Not the Fleet thing but the quirky things :)

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww your poor child!! Well I hope she is feeling a little better this weekend and hope the number two's are erm.. coming out ok! :-)

    Thanks for the writerly tip too! It's a most wonderful reason to fall in love!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete