Just Another Hump Day

Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Great News!!!

Author Jessica Nelson, whose blog BookingIt I like to follow, got "the call"!!! She just sold to Love Inspired Historical and tells all about it on her blog today.

More good news:

I've received a few reviews for my latest story, A Man for Mia. Here they are:

Night Owl Reviews (4.25 Stars)
Linda Kage shares a story of heartache and hope, distress and desire. Mia is a woman who survives something so painful it isn't hard to simply feel sorry for her, but more than that I felt a connection with her. I wanted her to find happiness and Drew seemed to be the one man who could help her find it. I felt bad for Drew as he was stuck between two women he has strong feelings for. He wasn't the bad guy in the situation and yet it seemed that he was the one left to deal with all the fallout. This was a sweet and insightful story dealing with not just one sensitive subject matter but many difficult issues. The tone and setting had an almost soothing effect. The supporting characters were just as well developed as the lead couple and I'd love to see a few of them get their very own stories. I am looking forward to seeing what else this author has to offer. This is an absolute must-read if you enjoy your romances on the soft and gentle side.



Single Titles (4 Stars)
A Man For Mia is an intricate story that involves two people who have something special, only to have outside loyalties driving them apart. I really felt for both Mia and Drew who were both caught in the middle. Mia’s story about her past is truly heartbreaking and Drew is fantastic when the truth comes out. A wonderful read.


But it seems like you can't ever just have straight happy news, have you noticed that?

It's like that one law "every action has to have an opposite and equal reaction" has to prove true in your personal life as well. Things go good with writing, the family gets mad and resents your time away from them. Rejections with writing start pouring in, and boom, the kid learns a new talent and the hubby has an awesome day.

So yesterday, I get a nice review, and the kid decides she doesn't want to eat anymore...unless it's junk food, which we're not going to give her until she eats something healthy. Grr. Then the hubby turns grumpy because he gets called into work on his day off. With everyone miserable in your house, it's hard to be happy yourself. So, yep, there's another day in the life of me!

Happy Wedsnesday.

7 comments:

  1. That's EXACTLY how it goes around here, too. But huge congrats on all the good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh do I know how that feels! Hugs and congrats on all the great reviews.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out! :-) And woohoo on those reviews! Don't let the baby/toddler dampen it for you. Those were great. :-) Are your books out in print at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the great reviews. I know what your talking about. Smile and breathe through it. It will get better.

    Congrats on "the call" Jessica. Isn't it great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely reviews, Linda - it's on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific site! I am now your newest follower, since I found you on Manzi’s site. She is fabulous. I invite you to follow my blogs as well. Thank you!

    The Disconnected Writer http://thedisconnectedwriter.blogspot.com/

    JJ Botta – Freelance Writer http://jjbotta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot for giving everyone a very pleasant possiblity to check tips from this web site. It can be very terrific and as well , stuffed with fun for me personally and my office friends to visit the blog minimum thrice weekly to read through the latest things you will have. And of course, I’m just actually fascinated with the fantastic information you give.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete