Book Trailer Fun

Monday, November 21, 2011
I'm been making lots of book trailers lately it seems. But I just can't help it. They're so fun, yet frustrating, yet totally rewarding once the final result is complete.

My latest is for my story, The Best Mistake, which comes out in March. And I've been thinking up ideas for The Right to Remain Mine, releasing in February.

Here's what I have for The Best Mistake:



I also finished a trailer for Miranda Stowe on her Snatcher series book: Saved from a Killer. It is now in the You Gotta Reads Video contest.

I think I'm most proud of this book trailer. I needed my husband's acting talent to complete it, which was...an experience. Don't ask how many cans of soda pop were sacrificed in the making of this film. Yeesh. He only had one line too! Actually, his big problem was forgetting to take off his wedding ring!!! I finally figured out how to smudge his fingers out though and ended up using his first take.

Anyway, it's over at YouGottaReadVideos.blogspot.com if you want to see that one too. And if you love is as much as I do, or even half as much, feel free to vote on it. It's number 18 in the voting polls (located at the top on the far right column).

Jessica Nelson has a book trailer up for her upcoming story. She did a pretty cool job on that.

Other than that, I can't think up any of my fav authors with new trailers, though I do so love watching Katalina Leon's book trailers. She's amazing with them. Here's her YouTube page full of book trailers if you want to see true art in the book trailering craft!!

What are some book trailers you truly love?

7 comments:

  1. Great job, Linda! I also love Kat's trailers. :)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great trailers!
    Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Linda!
    Did you use Windows Movie maker or something else?
    Going to go try to vote on that video now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Linda for the shout out!
    I love your trailers and I think it's so wonderful that you used your husband in one!
    XXOO Kat
    PS Lydia is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Amber and Carol. You have a great Thanksgiving too!!

    I used to use Windows Media Maker for my video, then I bought Pro Show Gold and that's what I used to make Best Mistake and Saved From a Killer. I'm still learning the ropes, but I like it.

    Thanks for stopping by Kat. I think she's pretty beautiful too...not that I'm biased!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! You definitely have a knack for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice suspenseful music! Thank you for mentioning me too. :-) I totally agree, making a trailer was an exciting experience. I'll do it for every book. lol

    ReplyDelete