"Next Big Thing" & Happy Thanksgiving!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012
I'm only doing one blog post this week, so I decided to do it today because...

1) I entered my book trailer for The Color of Grace in the You Gotta Read video contest and voting starts today!  So if anyone wants to vote, you can go here http://yougottaread.com and my video is Entry # 3.  Voting ends November 26th!

and

2) The lovely author, Ivy Bateman, tagged me to do one of those "Next Big Thing" things, and today is my day to do that.  So here's a little something about the book I finished writing in October.


What is the working title of your book?

Cry


Where did the idea come from for the book?

I don't know for certain. Probably from the story Lily by Cindy Bonner. The heroine falls in love with a hero that is completely unacceptable for her. I liked the forbidden love aspect, and wanted to write a love story that happened between feuding families.


What genre does your book fall under?

Contemporary New Adult Romance


Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?

I always suck at this question and can never think up a good match. But here goes...


Kristen Stewart - for Paige, the heroine

Josh Hartnett (from his college years) - for Logan, the hero


What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?

Forgiving your brother’s murderer may be noble, but falling in love with him is tantamount to treason.


Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?

Probably represented by a publishing house if anyone will contract it!


How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

2 months. This one spilled out very quickly once I got started.


What other books would you compare this story to within your genre.

-Easy by Tamarra Webber
-You Against Me by Jenny Downham
-Losing It by Cora Carmack


Who or What inspired you to write this book?

I saw a blurb for You Against Me by Jenny Downham, and that story sounded similar to an idea I had for a book, so I decided to write my book before someone actually came up with the same exact idea I had (though I have a bad feeling it might already be out there somewhere).


What else about your book might interest the reader?

Umm...I plan on making it the first in a series.

So there is my next big thing entry!!  I didn't tag anyone. It seems like everyone has already been tagged, so I didn't bother!

And that's all I have today, folks!  
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate! 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, a new book! Happy Thanksgiving to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for participating Linda. Cry sounds like a fascinating book! I voted for your trailer and Happy, one day late, Thanksgiving to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted!
    That storyline sounds intriguing!!!!

    ReplyDelete