Kansas City Literary Festival

Monday, May 19, 2008
Congratulations to my neice, Jamie Dawn, who graduated from high school yesterday. I'm so proud of you. And I can't wait till next year when you can come visit me at work every day when you're on campus.

On a completely different subject, I went to the KC Lit Festival this Saturday from 11:30am to 2:00pm and camped out in the MARA/MRW tent (those are two Kansas City chapters groups from Romance Writers of America). But I must say the best part of the day was going to lunch at O'Dowds with Carla Cassidy, Greta (Never caught her last name--and I'm not too sure her first was really Greta), and two of my critique group members, Erin and Valerie. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I'm glad I went. It's also nice to be around people that like to write the same kind of material I do.

And then on Monday when I checked my emails, I was even more delighted to find an email from someone who'd found my website all on her own. It's progress, I say and I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment