Trick or Treat - Part Three

Friday, October 30, 2009
I'm wrapping up my Halloween series today with The "Ultimate" Halloween topics.

The Ultimate Halloween COSTUME
Best Costume I've heard of goes to the Pregnant Smoking Nun, whom I blogged about last year on November 3, 2008 (just follow the link on "Best Costume" if you haven't heard that one yet). I still crack up whenever I read the story!! What's a great costume you've seen or heard of??

The Ultimate Halloween SNACK
I still haven't seen a Halloween treat that entertains me as much as Kitty Litter Cake. Great conversation topic too... plus it tastes good (if you can get past the holy-cow-it-looks-so-real-I-simple-can't-eat-that factor). What's a great Halloween snack you like to make or eat??

The Ultimate Halloween Place
Okay, I'm rusty on all the spooky places out there. But come on, they're just so scary and I really don't do scary, so... can you blame me? Since this place is within driving distance of where I live, I'll mention THE SPOOK LIGHT. Apparently, this light--about the size of a lantern--likes to float around the country, and people like to go watch it. A group of my friends and I hopped in a car a couple years ago to find the light. The adventure was more fun than scary because we thought we were lost and never saw anything, though we later learned we'd been in the right place all along. Spook Lighting was big in the sixties, but I think the poor light has retired these days. Still... maybe some people see it around. Your turn: What's a great Halloween place, or even a great scary story that's just too cool not to share?

And that concludes my Halloween Trick or Treating blogs for this year. Have a great holiday and see you in November!! Oh, yum, Turkey Season, a pregnant woman's dream come true...

10 comments:

  1. Kitty litter cake? I've made Kitty litter logs (cookies, really), but never cake. Do you have the recipe?

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, yes! I'm so sorry. I should've mentioned... for the recipe (and picture) of Kitty Litter Cake just follow the link on the underlined word "Kitty Litter Cake" up in my post.

    And if you want to read more about The Spook Light, you can follow that link too! It's an interesting tale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That Kitty Litter Cake looks so real! My in-laws love cats, I'm definitely bookmarking that recipe so I can make it one day. The recipe actually sounds halfway decent.

    I love being scared, though my family is not big into Halloween. Last year, though, me and my sisters and a few other friends went to the Stanley Hotel to stay for the weekend. You know, that's where Stephen King got the idea for the movie The Shining. Anyway, it's supposed to be totally haunted. It was fun to try to scare ourselves even though I don't really believe in ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like to be scared that much anymore, but I do love chocolate! LOL Bring on the treats! :-) No favorites, it just has to have chocolate in it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do. No. Like. Being scared.

    Throw some chocolate in and I may not notice the goublins.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda! Kitty litter cake? Sounds horribly detestable! :) Just the kinda thing I like. And I'm heading off to snatch the recipe.

    Back when I was in high school we use to have a positively horrifying tale: the old woman who lived in this house in Coconut Grove had her hubby who died, in a casket in her living room. She never buried him and kept the poor ol' guys remains for all the kids to come and gawk at on Halloween. I never did know her, but now I feel bad. But hey! I really believed the story. (told you I was a dummy.) Happy weekend. Give baby girl a Happy Halloween wish from me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids are excited by Halloween. However, they're too old to want to go trick or treating. Instead they want to prepare the yard with lots of spooky dry ice and glow sticks and black lights and play spooky music so they can greet the trick or treaters and hand out candy.

    Then they want to watch spooky, scary movies, tell ghost stories, and have a sayonce.

    Happy Halloween!

    I both dread and anticipate turkey season this year. I'll be the big 5-0 right before turkey day. Only I always eat ham. I love ham. (but we'll also have turkey as some of the kids insist).

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, I think I picked the wrong day to start dieting (today - per my doctor's orders this morning). We usually order pizza in on Halloween after trick or treat is over. I may end up cheating way too quickly.

    I *think* I can resist the chocolate even though I love it, but pizza? I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh- cool kitty litter cake. Luv the smoking pregnant nun-lol. Tricks and treats start here in one hour- so I'm off to get dressed. I'm going as a 60's mod woman... bumpit's anyone? lol
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope everyone had a happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete