DON Countdown

Thursday, January 22, 2009
It's five days until Suzanne Brockmann's Dark of Night (book no. 14 in the Troubleshooters series) is released and I'm beginning to feel queasy with worry. After reading so many spoilers, my appetite for the story has soured. Spoil is such a good term for spoilers, you know, because a couple of them have left that rotten garbage odor in the air and sickened me with disappointment. Some posts are just so certain so-and-so is going to end up with whats-his-name and the thought makes me nauseous with panic that it might actually be true. So, in the spirit of anticipation, I've stopped reading the spoilers and when DON is released, I'm just going to open the book at page one and start reading. Though I currently have no craving to see some certain characters involved with other certain characters, I'm hoping Brockmann will find a way to build my hunger between the pages and make it so I'll be gobbling up the romance of her choice by the end of the last page.

But... we'll see.

That's what's so historic about DON. I can't recall a time in romance history where an author has attempted to surprise her readers to such a large degree, or created such a stir by doing it. It'll be very interesting to see how well received her colossal attempt will turn out. Very interesting indeed.

In other news, my manuscript THE STILLBURROW CRUSH, is still in editing (no release date set yet), and I'm excited because my doctor has taken me off my nine-pill-a-day schedule. Today I've begun my prescription for Hypothyroid, which is one pill--yes, only one pill--a day (Can I get a hallelujah?). This is supposed to be the final cure-all for my Graves' Disease so I expect to be leaping tall buildings in a single bound and saving the universe from doom within a matter of hours (LOL), though I'll settle for feeling like a normal, healthy human by the end of the month.

In a week or two, I'm sure I'll demand all you Troubleshooter-mania fans to tell me what you thought of Dark of Night. So, everyone, get ready to give your reports (or not--totally up to you)!

No comments:

Post a Comment