Christmas Trivia

Monday, December 14, 2009
How well do you know Christmas?

Tis the season to see how festive you are. I found a trivia quiz on the website http://www.internetfamilyfun.com/christmas.htm and just had to test myself. I got a C+ on my Christmas intelligence with 11 out of 14 correct. What about you guys? Did you know all these answers? (Psst: Answers are at the bottom!)

1: What country did the tradition of having a Christmas tree come from?
  • England
  • Denmark
  • Germany
  • France


2: Every year most homes in the United States bring something from the outdoors into their homes and decorate it. This object is:

  • A Fir or Evergreen Tree
  • A Palm Tree
  • A log
  • A bush


3: What is the name of the head elf in the movie, "The Santa Clause"?

  • Scott
  • Judy
  • Bernard
  • Larry


4: In the poem "The Night Before Christmas" by Clement C. Moore what creature is mentioned?

  • Fly
  • Mouse
  • Cat
  • Dog


5: What is dressed in "holiday style" in the song, "Silver Bells"?

  • Streets
  • Store Windows
  • Sidewalks
  • Train Station


6: In what city did the story, "Miracle on 34th Street", take place?

  • New York
  • Chicago
  • Cleveland
  • Buffalo


7: In "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" the elf named Hermey wanted to be a

  • Dentist
  • Toy Painter
  • Doctor
  • Prospector


8: In the song, "12 Days of Christmas", how many Lords a-leaping are there?

  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11


9: The biggest selling Christmas song of all time is:

  • Bing Crosby's White Christmas
  • Brenda Lee's Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
  • Connie Francis's Winter Wonderland
  • Pat Boone's I'll Be Home For Christmas


10: In the Christmas classic, "Home Alone," where did the family go?

  • England
  • Scotland
  • France
  • Germany


11: In the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" what is the angel's first name?

  • Sidney
  • Oliver
  • Clarence
  • George


12: Other names for Santa Claus do not include:

  • St. Nick
  • Sint Klaas
  • Father Christmas
  • Feliz Navidad


13: The name of the girl that asked if there is a Santa in the famous editorial that answered that question.

  • Sally
  • Samantha
  • Betty
  • Virginia


14: In the movie "The Christmas Story", what did Ralphie want for Christmas?

  • Go Cart
  • Bike
  • BB Gun
  • Lamp



ANSWERS:
1)Germany, 2)A Fir or Evergreen, 3)Bernard, 4)Mouse, 5) Sidewalks, 6)New York, 7)Dentist, 8)10, 9)Bing Crosby's White Christmas, 10)France, 11)Clarence, 12)Feliz Navidad, 13)Virginia, 14)BB Gun

13 comments:

  1. I didn't know most of those, esp. the ones about movies, etc. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only missed two. Whew. I felt like I was taking a test. :-)

    I know more than my hubby thinks I know. I must remember to tell him that tonight. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only missed #8 and 10. It's been YEARS since I've seen Home Alone, and I always thought it was 'eleven lords a-leaping, 10 ladies dancing, 9 pipers piping,' etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, I did pretty good! Go, me. go, me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed #5, #8, and #13, but 6, 9, and 10 were pretty much gesses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got most of them, so I'm giving myself a gold star and going to decorate my little tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew most of them, YEAH! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must be Queen Christmas because I knew these...hooray! It makes me feel falsely wise, which may or may not be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only missed 1! I have Christmas skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was fun. Now to try it on the family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you guys DO have Christmas skillz. Now I know who to go to if I ever try my hand at writing a holiday story, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tag Linda...you're it:) See my blog for details. Kenzie was tagged before I tagged her:(

    Molly Daniels

    ReplyDelete