Lucky 7 Strikes again

Friday, June 8, 2012
I must be a very taggable (yes, that's a word...cause I say so!) person. Since this is the THIRD time I've been tagged to do this post, I guess I better get it done.

You all have Tori St. Claire, Romy Gemmell, and Jennifer Shirk to thank for this little messy passage of prose I have to provide.

THE RULES:

1. Go to page 77 of your current manuscript.

2. Go to line 7.

3. Copy the next 7 lines (sentences or paragraphs) and post them as they're written. No cheating!

4. Tag 7 other writers to pass this meme on to.


MY ENTRY:

Comes from an adult romance WIP, I'm calling Forget Happily Ever After. It's about a woman with a split personality who is about to get married but her alter ego comes out just before she walks down the aisle and decides "she" doesn't like the groom. So she runs off, hooks up with the limo driver, gets pregnant from that night, and when she returns to her primary identity, she had to find the limo driver and explain to him...well, you know.  This story is stalled out right now because...yeah, you just read what it's about, right? That's some crazy, totally-out-there stuff.

So, here's what I have on page line 7 of page 77:

“Oh, no, you don’t,” he murmured from behind her, his breath tickling her ear. Instinctively, she huddled closer to the door, trying to escape his overwhelming presence. “You started this little story. You’re going to finish it.” 

She nodded and closed her eyes so she wouldn’t have to look at that tanned male hand pressed against the door and keeping her from escape.

Swallowing down her anxieties, she began talking again. “It took about a year for them get me to respond to my treatment, keeping Clara in submission. After that, I rarely ever switched over to my alter. Uh, an alter is my second alter ego.” 

Now...who do I want to pass it on to?  Hmm...Decisions, decisions.

Okay, I'm going to rule-break.  If anyone wants to do this (it's actually kind of fun), then consider yourself tagged.

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh...intriguing... Great excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great story! And if I had a page 77...or a manuscript...I'd share but...does ones in the middle of editing count? Anyway...best of luck with the rest of this story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, it counts. Most of my stories don't have a page 77 yet, so I think last completed WIP would be fine!!

      Delete
  3. Hahaaa, I did this on FB a while back. Fun stuff! I've always thought multiple personalities was fascinating...

    ReplyDelete