Overall Update

Friday, October 24, 2008
I've experienced house-building problem after house-building problem lately. The mud and taping progress on my walls is lagging. The contractor said he'd be done by the fourth and now he swears he'll have it finished by the twenty-fifth (That's tomorrow, if you haven't noticed). Then it rained--actually, it poured--and we found about a million leaks, which will require I-don't-know-how-much dirt work to re-direct the flow of water. Plus, we had to close the construction loan and I've no idea how we're going to budget in these new expenses. The whole project has been one, ginormous disaster. I'm so ready for it to be over.

On the up side, I'm feeling healthier these days. I don't have to snack every thirty minutes and my head is clear... not muddled up constantly with racing thoughts. I've even come up with a new idea for a book. I'm still debating the title, but I've settled on Killer Vacation for the time being. It's about Maddy, a thirty-something recent divorcee who goes to Cancun for a vacation to re-discover herself. There, she meets Dane, a twenty-something hunk with a mysterious aura and irresistible smile. They hook up, of course, and just about as soon as they realize they've fallen for each other, his highly-secret government agency past comes back to tug him back into their clutches... and they're not afraid to use Maddy to get what they want.

So, I'm excited about working on it. I have a few ideas where I might want it to go, but nothing concrete yet. The writing is definitely helping me escape reality and house horrors though.

I hope everyone is doing good and is ready for Halloween. I know I'm not. I don't even have trick-or-treating candy bought. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment