Secret Life of Bees

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I read The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd a few years ago. I even liked it so much, I went out and bought her next book, The Mermaid Chair,when it came out in bookstores. It's one of those "literary" novels, so the fact that I read it in the first place was unusual for me--I usually only stick with genres that contain some sort of romance. But to then go off and purchase more from that author... that should tell you right there how much I appreciated this story. So, I'm particularly excited to see that it has come out in movie format. I love it when books I've read come out with a movie. Comparing their artistic differences and similarities is one of my favorite hobbies.

A few other "literary" pieces I've read and compared to its movie counterpart are:

What are some of your favorite movie/book combos?

No comments:

Post a Comment