TTWT Countdown : Day 4

Monday, August 2, 2010
This is day FOUR in the countdown party for the release of my adult romance. Today, I'd like to introduce all THE PLAYERS in The Trouble with Tomboys. In addition to their name and what part they play in the story, a couple characters have allowed me to quote them.

Enjoy! I'll see you again tomorrow for day three.

******

The GILMORES

B. J. Gilmore : HEROINE
“What can I say? My lucky number’s two. And when I get two twos, I figure, hell... Might as well bluff, huh?”

***

Jebediah (JEB) Gilmore : B.J.’s Father:
“I’m still your pappy, and that gives me the right to worry about you iffin’ I want to.”

***

Dellie Gilmore : B.J.’s deceased Mother

***

Buck Gilmore : B.J.’s Oldest Brother

***

Phyllis Gilmore : Buck’s Wife

***

Little Girl Gilmore : Buck’s daughter (I can’t recall naming her… how awful of me)

***

Leroy Gilmore : B.J.’s Older Brother, though younger than Buck
“Woo-wee, little sister. You sure hog-tied him around your little finger, didn’t ya?”

***

Rudy Gilmore : B.J.’s Younger Brother
“Don’t even start. I’ll be out and ready to go in a few minutes.”

******

The RAWLINGS

Grady Rawlings : HERO
“Why can’t everyone just leave me alone?”

***

Amy Bennett-Rawlings : Grady’s deceased wife and second or third cousin of B.J.’s (she was some kind of distant relation anyway)

***

Bennett : Grady’s deceased son

***

Tucker Rawlings : Grady’s father
“I get a little overprotective and irrational when it comes to my children.”

***

Tara Rose Rawlings : Grady’s mother
“It’s D.J., right? D.J. Gilmore?”
***

Granger Rawlings : Grady’s grandfather
“Missy, I’m way too young to croak yet.”

***

Jo Ellen Gerhardt : Grady’s younger sister
“Honey, do you have any idea what you’re getting yourself into? You’re going to have a baby. A baby.”
***

Cooper Gerhardt : Jo Ellen’s husband
“Thanks…I think. Just don’t go mentioning that night again, okay?”
***

Tanner Gerhardt : Jo Ellen’s infant son
***

Emma Leigh : Grady’s younger sister & Jo Ellen’s twin
***

Bran : Emma Leigh’s husband
***

Caine Rawlings : Grady’s youngest brother
“Don’t tell. Not knowing will bug him to death.”

******

The SMARDOS

Ralphie “The Junkyard” Smardo : B.J.’s best friend
“I shoulda known better. And you were right. Nan’s already done heard about it and thinks I cheated on her.”

***

Pete Smardo : Ralph’s father
“If you lose us those tires, boy, it’s coming out of your wallet.”

***

Nan Lundy : Ralph’s girlfriend
“That’s my man, so keep your damn paws off.”

******

OTHER CHARACTERS

Dr. Carl : B.J.’s OBGYN
“This gal here has about the most ideal equipment for a pregnant woman I’ve seen in a long time.”

***

Lara Alberts : Receptionist at Dr. Carl’s Office
“Well, hey there, B.J. I didn’t realize it was time for your yearly already. I thought you visited more around the end of the…Oh my! You’re…you’re…”

***

Gabe Watson : Gossipmonger at Gas Station
"We’ll know soon enough when she starts growing a pooch or not.”

***

Ulrick Pullson : Gossipmonger at Gas Station
“I just want to know who supposedly knocked her up.”

***
Rick Hopper : Some guy who wrecked his truck

***

Hammond Weatherly : Houston businessman who does business with Rawlings Oil.
“Was it a boy or girl?”
***
Sal : Waitress at Tommy Creek Diner

***

Della : Sorry, I can’t tell you who she is and give any of the story away. But don’t worry, you’ll find out in the Epilogue!

***

Jace : Once again, sorry, you’ll have to find out who this is on your own.
==============================
So....which character intrigues you the most???

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on only 4 days! Maybe 3 now? :-) How exciting!!! And I like the new look of your blog! Very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the heroine, because I'm the same way. LOL! Congrats on the upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...you've intrigued me with Cooper, Ralphie, and Nan! LOVE the fact you've written in the dialect! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I enjoyed getting to know your characters. They're so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not believe how busy you've been. I keep seeing more and more book covers on your side bar with upcoming releases!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool. Congratulations. Great cast of characters, and I love the different fonts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for stopping by, everyone and your wonderful support.

    But I gotta know, Jessica...is two your lucky number or are you simply a bluffer!?

    And Molly, I hope you have fun figuring out Cooper, Ralphie and Nan's lines!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for countdowns! I love your cast of characters and can't wait to read this one. Cheers~

    ReplyDelete